A 2016 house on Coorong Quays (formerly The Marina Hindmarsh Island) with timeless, tranquil views of Sturt Lagoon and its little Island.
Your own personal jetty (built November 2017) for mooring a boat, swimming, fishing, kayaking or just relaxing with a glass of wine!
A five minute drive to Goolwa.
The living areas:
- the living/dining/kitchen area occupies the rear section of the house and has beautiful wide, time-wasting waterfront views. There is an extendable table (and additional bench seat), generous lounges, TV, walk in pantry, dishwasher and a Nespresso coffee pod machine.
- the theatre is a separate room with double doors, sofa bed, ottomans, TV and play station 3.
- Bedroom 1 - queen bed (firm) with walk in robe and ensuite
- Bedroom 2 - queen bed (medium) with built in robe
- Bedroom 3 - 2 bunks (ie 4 beds)
- ensuite to bedroom 1 with toilet, shower
- main bathroom with bath and shower (separate toilet)
- washing machine, dryer, storage cupboard
The outdoors - our favourite place!
- large grassed area sloping down to the jetty. The jetty was built in November 2017 and provides a lovely place for recreation and relaxation. There are two heights and steps for easy entry/exit for boating, kayaking and swimming.
- Kayaks with life jackets are supplied (please note - charges will apply for lost paddles or life jackets).
- Bikes (fairly basic) are also supplied.
Hindmarsh Island is a beautiful, peaceful escape. Great also for boating, kayaking, fishing, swimming, bike riding.
5-10 minutes by car to ...
- The Landing Cafe on the Marina for coffee and meals
- Over the bridge to beautiful, historic Goolwa with its shops, cafes, beaches and riverfront activities.
- surfing at Goolwa Beach (lessons and board hire available)
- Woolworths and IGA
- the Cockle Train
10-30 mins by car to ...
- Middleton, Port Elliot, Victor Harbor, Currency Creek and Strathalbyn.
- local wineries - eg Ballast Stone, Currency Creek
5-10 mins by boat to ...
- a meander around the Marina
- coffee at The Landing
20 mins by boat to ...
- Coffee at Hectors or the Aquacaf on the waterfront in Goolwa
- Find the sea lions in the river
Many hours by boat to ...
- the Coorong and the rest of the Murray River.
Basically, the choice is yours: stay put with the peace and beauty of the lagoon or adventure out for wider activities.
PLEASE NOTE: The theatre room contains a sofa bed which easily pulls out to a queen bed (more comfortable than your average sofa bed!)
PLEASE NOTE: Whilst the house is great for families with older children, there is no outdoor fenced area for younger children / toddlers.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not provide wifi.
PLEASE NOTE: We usually only take bookings 6 months in advance.
Flexible check in and check out options will be accommodated where possible.