Pine Rock Cottage is in a unique private location nestled among tall pine trees atop large rocks on the west shore of Watson Island in Lake Cecebe (40 minutes north of Huntsville). Watson Island is a total of 16 acres, providing a secluded retreat from city living. Pine Rock Cottage is perched on a rock with a great view down the lake. The custom made bench on the west facing rock over looking the lake provides a great place for a morning cup of coffee, reading a book, or enjoying a glass of wine while watching the sun set.
- comfortably accommodates one or two (2) people; not suitable for young children.
- cozy, efficient layout, clean, bright, & very private
- water is pumped from the lake
- 5 gallon jug of drinking water provided; filtered water at kitchen sink
- one bedroom with a Queen bed
- double futon in the living room
- full bath with tub/shower, sink & toilet
- kitchen with fridge/freezer, microwave, coffee maker, toaster oven, 2 counter-top burners
- large assortment of dishes & utensils
- inside table seats four on two chairs & benches
- gas BBQ
- table & chairs for two on deck
- private10' x 30' dock with a swim ladder
- fully insulated, screened windows
- baseboard heaters
- skylights in kitchen & bathroom
- good cell phone coverage, internet with a Bell or Rogers stick or hub,
- 32" flat screen TV with DVD player (no TV reception), radio & fan.
- small private fire pit on the rocks near the lake.
- septic system
A well behaved dog is allowed if you pick up after it, don't let it run unsupervised, and don't leave it alone in the cottage.
- available for weekly rental from the May long weekend through the Thanksgiving weekend. 3 night min rentals are welcome in May, June, Sept and Oct
- full weeks required in the July and Aug high season
Rest & relax or be more active with swimming from the private dock, fishing, exploring the lake by canoe, walking the island paths, or maybe going down river to Magnetawan.2017 Rates
HIGH SEASON - (Sunday, June 25 until Sunday, Sept. 3)
* 7 nights $995 (1 week min. stay. Please ask about rates for multiple consecutive week stays.
FALL SHOULDER SEASON - Sunday, Sept. 3 until Sunday, Sept. 10 **Includes Labour Day**
* 7 night week $985
** If you see an unbooked window of less than a week on the Pine Rock availability calendar that you would like to fit into please email or call.
LOW SEASON 2017 - May 18 until June 25 and after Sept. 10 until Oct. 11 closing
- 7 nights $930
- 6 nights $810
* 5 nights $675
* 4 nights $540
* 3 nights $405 (min. LOW SEASON non-weekend stay not including a Fri. or Sat. night)
Weekends - 3 night minimum stay when a Friday or Saturday night is included
* 3 night weekend $430 (May, June until 26th, Sept. after the 11th)
- A non-refundable $250 deposit, for each week or part thereof, is required.
- A $150 damage/cleaning deposit is required at time of booking. This deposit will be returned if Pine Rock Cottage is left as clean as you found it and with no damage.
** We can provide sheets and towels for an extra $30 per week/stay.
A well behaved dog/cat is allowed with permission. Dogs cannot be left alone uncrated and must not be allowed to bark excessively or to wander from the Pine Rock property. You must also pick up after your pet.Your hosts will pick you up at Rockwynn Landing (where there is free long term parking) when you arrive and deliver you there when you depart at the end of your rental period. The short boat ride from Rockwynn Landing to Pine Rock Cottage lets you start the transition to the slower more relaxing pace of life youâ??ll enjoy on Watson Island.
Pine Rock Cottage rentals come with the loan of a canoe. â?? It's about a 20 to 25 minute paddle to get to Rockwynn Landing, a public dock where you park your vehicle, to Pine Rock Cottage.
It's about a 45 minute paddle down river the the village of Magnetawan where there are restaurants, an LCBO, general store, fruit and vegetable stand, gift shops, churches and places to buy ice cream cones.
Lake Cecebe always has people fishing. Lake Cecebe contains Walleye, Northern Pike, Yellow Perch and Small Mouth Bass. There are 40 miles of navigable waterways from the Pine Rock dock. Boats and motors can be rented on the lake, and there is a cement boat ramp at the marina for putting in boats if you are bringing one of your own.
You are welcome to walk the paths on Watson Island, and there are other nearby places for walking and hiking.
Pine Rock Cottage has a 10' x 30' private dock. It has two Muskoka Chairs and a side table, as well as a great view down the lake. The Pine Rock Cottage deck has a small table and two chairs for outdoor meals, and the porch outside the front door is great for watching the lake and relaxing. With the private bench looking westward down the lake and the Muskoka chairs on the private dock, there are three comfortable places to sit, relax, read, have a meal or snack, and/or maybe doze off in the sunshine.