*Please note that there is another vacation rental unit on the premises with some shared outdoor amenities*
Nestled in the heart of plantation country in the Donaldsonville Historic District, 'Cabahanosse' is a one-of-a-kind vacation rental perfect for up to 6 guests. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the 2-bed, 2-bath townhome offers 2 luxury suites, brandy and candy treats and is located within walking distance of antique shops, historic sites, plantations and restaurants!
Bedroom 1 (Nicholls Suite): Queen Bed | Bedroom 2 (LaFourche Suite): Queen Bed | Additional Sleeping: 2 Rollaway Beds
Housed on the second floor of a restored 1890's building, Cabahanosse, pronounced (Cab-a-no-see), is named after the 1806 main street that was changed to Railroad Avenue in 1873. Once a general store with an upstairs residence that has since been restored, this wood-frame building offers the perfect blend of history, charm, and homey comforts.
This townhome features 2 luxuriously furnished suites that exude their own personalities and offer a cozy place to call home. A peaceful balcony sits beneath 100-year-old oak trees, and the complimentary brandy and sweets are the perfect bedtime treat!
The' Nicholls Suite' was named in honor of Donaldsonville-born Governor of Louisiana Francis T Nicholls and boasts a bright, French country atmosphere, with a bedroom that sleeps 2 on a plush queen bed.
The 'LaFourche Suite' is warmly decorated with period antiques and is named after the stream where Sieur de la Salle claimed the Mississippi River Valley for King Louis XIV of France. While the 2 suites can sleep 4 travelers, 2 additional guests can sleep on the 2 provided rollaway beds.
The 2 suites share a comfortable kitchen and tasteful sitting rooms. The well-equipped kitchen features sun-bathed windows that allow for plenty of natural light to pour into the room. You'll have a full refrigerator and stove, plus a separate kitchenette!
'Cabahanosse' puts you in the perfect spot to discover the history and charm of the Historic District of Donaldsonville. Donaldsonville is known for its cultural, culinary and political significance on the state of Louisiana, and as such is home to plenty of things to see and do!
Tour the historic sites just minutes from the home, including the Bicentennial Jazz Plaza and the River Road African American Museum!
Guided tours are available at the museum, where you can see rare photographs and historic artificats such as newspaper ads for runaway slaves, or spend hours exploring the amazing exhibits including 'African Influences on LA Cuisine', 'Rural Roots of Jazz' and 'Civil Rights Moved Here: Louisiana Ahead of the Curve.'
For a bite to eat, fabulous dining opportunities are just minutes away. Grapevine Cafe & Gallery is just 4 blocks away, serving up superb dishes surrounded by a brick and cypress motif.
Spend the afternoon relaxing by the Mississippi River. Pick your spot on one of the many benches and soak in the surroundings. If gold is your game, book a tee time at Pelican Point Golf & Country Club roughly 20 minutes away. If shopping is more your speed, Tanger Outlets Gonzales and Cabela's are about 24 minutes away.
For more sightseeing, there are several plantation homes located a short distance from the townhome, including Houmas House Plantation & Garden, Bocage Plantation, San Francisco Plantation, Laura Plantation, and Nottoway Plantation & Resort.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchen, kitchenette w/ mini-fridge, coffee makers, microwave, central air conditioning, central heating, charcoal grill, complimentary toiletries, flat-screen cable TV, free WiFi, shared on-site laundry, shared balcony, shared patio, complimentary treats and more
- Central location in the Donaldsonville Historic District - Walk or drive to historic sites, antique shops, restaurants and the Mississippi River
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places!
- This property can sleep 4 guests in beds, but the maximum occupancy is flexible to 6 with use of the 2 provided rollaway beds
- Nearest Airport: Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport - 9430 Jackie Cochran Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70811, ~ (47.7 miles)
On-Site Event Information:
- Maximum number of people allowed at the property: 40
- Event fee(s): Additional cleaning fee required
- Outside services/vendor details: Not allowed
- Event parking: Street parking is available
- Alcohol policies: Alcohol is permitted. Guests must supply their own
- Event insurance: Required. Please inquire with Evolve for additional information
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Please note that there is another vacation rental unit on the premises, with some shared outdoor amenities, and there may be other travelers present during your stay
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in