*Please note that there is another vacation rental unit on the premises with some shared outdoor amenities*
'Cabahanosse' is located in the Donaldsonville Historic District in the heart of plantation country. Surrounded by 100-year-old oak trees, historic sites, and local cuisine, this 2-bed, 2-bath townhome, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a luxurious base for up to 6 travelers. Come and discover the cultural, political and historical significance of this beautiful town!
Bedroom 1 (Mallard Suite): Queen Bed | Bedroom 2 (Sweet Cane Suite): King Bed | Additional Sleeping: 2 Rollaway Beds
Situated in a quaint, historic town on the Mississippi River, 'Cabahanosse', pronounced (Cab-a-no-see), is a restored 1890's wood-frame building that once stood as a general store with an upstairs residence! Now, this historic property features modern comforts, luxurious suites, and is the perfect place for history buffs, honeymooners, and explorers to call home for their Louisiana getaway.
Featuring a marvelous Mallard Duck theme, the Mallard Suite area of the townhome is adorned with direct access to the balcony through French doors. The 'Mallard Suite' bedroom sleeps 2 on a plush king bed.
In reference to Donaldsonville being located in sugar cane country, the second bedroom is appropriately named 'Sweet Cane Suite!' This charming bedroom offers a king bed for 2 and a romantic atmosphere that's popular among honeymooners and couples.
Before bed, step outside to the balcony and enjoy a nightcap of complimentary brandy with a side of candy. Surrounded by 100-year-old oak trees, this peaceful space is the perfect place to end yet another perfect day in Donaldsonville. The 2 suites can sleep 4 guests, while for additional sleeping arrangements, 2 rollaway beds can sleep 2 more guests.
Between the 2 suites is a charming kitchen, equipped with everything you might need to prepare a delicious home-cooked meal. Feel free to stock up on goodies before you arrive, as the kitchen and kitchenette provide plenty of space to store fresh food!
Donaldsonville is a historically, politically relevant community that features museums, plantations, restaurants and national historic sites that simply must be seen!
The community holds dear its significant place in the state and country's history, thus offering a plethora of fascinating places to see and things to do.
Tour plantations within roughly 30-40 minutes or less of the townhome, including Houmas House Plantation & Garden, Bocage Plantation, San Francisco Plantation, Laura Plantation, and Nottoway Plantation & Resort.
The Bicentennial Jazz Plaza and River Road African American Museum are just down the street, where you can sit among the trees or tour the museum's breathtaking exhibits, including 'African Influences on LA Cuisine', 'Rural Roots of Jazz' and 'Civil Rights Moved Here: Louisiana Ahead of the Curve.'
If golf is your game then you'll be happy to know that Pelican Point Golf & Country Club is located just 20 minutes away. For a little retail therapy, the Tanger Outlets Gonzales and Cablelas are about 24 minutes away.
Stroll along the Mississippi River or pick a spot on a bench and take in the surroundings. When you get hungry, walk 4 blocks over to Grapevine Cafe & Gallery and dine beside a brick and cypress motif.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchen, kitchenette w/ mini-fridge, coffee makers, microwave, central air conditioning, central heating, charcoal grill, complimentary toiletries, flat-screen cable TV, free WiFi, shared on-site laundry, shared balcony, shared patio, complimentary treats and more
- Unbeatable Donaldsonville location in the Historic District! Walk or drive to historic sites, museums, plantations, amazing restaurants and more
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places!
- This property can sleep 4 guests in beds, but the maximum occupancy is flexible to 6 with use of the 2 provided rollaway beds
- Nearest Airport: Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport - 9430 Jackie Cochran Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70811, ~ (47.7 miles)
On-Site Event Information:
- Maximum number of people allowed at the property: 40
- Event fee(s): Additional fee required
- Outside services/vendor details: Not allowed
- Event parking: Street parking is available
- Alcohol policies: Alcohol is permitted. Guests must supply their own
- Event insurance: Required. Please inquire with Evolve for additional information
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Please note that there is another vacation rental unit on the premises, with some shared outdoor amenities, and there may be other travelers present during your stay
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in