*Please note that there is another vacation rental on the property and other travelers may be present during your stay*
Soak up the beautiful Crystal Coast from this 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom upstairs quarters in ‘The Smithonia By the Sea Vacation Rentals and Events Home,’ a vacation rental home situated beside the Core Sound and Outer Banks of Marshallberg. With a dock, spacious decks, and a beautifully designed fully equipped kitchen, this lovely home promises a revitalizing stay!
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2 (Kid’s Loft): 2 Twin Beds | Bedroom 3: Full Bed | Bedroom 4: Full Bed
Peace will overcome you as you wind up the property’s driveway, past the white picket fence and beautiful trees, and up to the large 4,000 square foot home. Built in 1905 and restored in 2009-2010, the artfully decorated ‘Smithonia By The Sea Vacation Rentals and Events House’ has 2 quarters to choose from, and this particular upstairs estate boasts accommodations for up to 8 guests in 3,000 square feet of comfortable living space.
The spacious home features 4 bedrooms, 3 and a half bathrooms, providing plenty of space for a group of friends or a family to unwind together.
With plush couches, a flat-screen cable TV, and large windows, the comfy living area offers the perfect place to lounge around during your downtime.
Pull up a tall chair to the large bar overlooking the beautifully designed kitchen. The bar seats 6 and is the perfect place for casual dining or to simply relax and enjoy a cocktail while visiting with the chef as he or she whips up any culinary delight imaginable. This beautiful Chef's kitchen is fully equipped with everything a chef needs to prepare a veritable feast. For more formal dining, there is a glass table that also seats 6 in the dining room. Both dining areas create the perfect spot to enjoy your meals with your travel companions.
If you prefer an al fresco dining experience, step out onto the deck for fresh air and beautiful views. Stroll out into the spacious yard until you reach the walk bridge, which leads to one of the longest private fishing piers in the water downeast.
Stay by the water’s edge and fish off of the dock, shared with the guest quarters on the property. View nature’s wildlife in and out of the water or rent one of the kayaks to take out on the sparkling waters.
After the day’s adventures, make your way back to the home to curl up in one of the comfortable beds. The master bedroom offers a queen-sized bed and en suite bathroom, while the third and fourth bedroom feature full-sized beds. The loft with 2 twin beds offers games, a flat screen TV, DVD player and a small table that seats 2. The area is a relaxing space for kids or the young at heart.
This Premier Estate home is not only situated on 2.5 acres right on the Outer Banks and Core Sound, but it is also ideally located within minutes of endless attractions!
Imagine retracing Black Beard the Pirate’s footsteps, just as the National Geographic have done in film and TV documentaries. A must-see is the Maritime Museum in Historic Downtown Beaufort, a mere 20-minute drive from your ‘Smithonia By The Sea Vacation Rentals and Events’ designation. The museum is accredited for their numerous contributions in the research of local maritime and downtown Beaufort history and the Crystal Coast area.
There are many local activities, sites, and tastes that you must experience while you are staying at ‘Smithonia By The Sea.’ The coastal area has some of the finest fresh caught seafood in the world, such as fresh tuna, mahi-mahi, flounder, oysters, green tailed shrimp and scallop - all available in the many five-star local seafood restaurants. As a bonus while staying at ‘Smithonia By The Sea,’ you can fish, crab, and gather oysters and clams right from the property’s dock, shared with the other rental in the house.
If boating is your thing, you can visit the Cape Lookout Lighthouse or Shackleford Banks with their wild horses at your leisure, which is just a 20-minute boat ride away. You can pack a picnic lunch and spend the day exploring the Lighthouse or pick up shells on the beach, where both the sound side and oceanside is accessible for fun in the sun and surf. Bicycle and kayak rentals are also available at the property for leisurely fun and exercise while you explore and enjoy the sites.
From the home, you’re also just 1 mile from the local boat ramp in Marshallberg and 3 miles to a newer multiple boat use ramp with ample parking at Harker’s Island. Outdoor activities abound on the Crystal Coast of North Carolina, including fishing, swimming, horseback riding, boating, kayaking, and surfing.
Throughout the year, there are also many festivals in the area, so be sure to check your calendar to see if there’s a festival during your visit, including Downeast Seafood Festival, Black Beard Pirate Invasion, Big Rock Festival, the Decoy Festival at Harkers Island and more!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, dock (shared with the other rental on the property), private balcony with patio furniture, DVD player, 3 flat-screen cable TVs, board games and cards, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, in-unit laundry machines, and much more
- Please note that the dock and driveway are shared between the 2 rentals in the house
- Grill available upon request. Bikes and kayaks are also available for rent (please inquire with homeowner before your arrival)
- If you are traveling with more than 8 guests, check the availability of the 1-bedroom rental on the property, Evolve Listing 344445
- Great location - Situated on 2.5 acres of Premier Estate overlooking Core Sound and the Outer Banks, and minutes from Maritime Museum in Historic Downtown Beaufort, Cape Lookout Lighthouse, Shackleford Banks, local boat ramp in Marshallberg, Harker’s Island, and endless outdoor activities
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with $50 fee per pet (2 pets maximum, 25-pound weight limit)
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval and an additional fee (please contact Evolve for additional information
- Please note that there is another vacation rental on the property and other travelers may be present during your stay
- Note that the driveway and dock are shared with the other rental on the property
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in