The Palisades Zen Retreat provides a relaxing get-away on a quiet tree-lined street in the Palisades Village neighborhood of Washington, DC. The property backs up to forested national parkland with a creek-side trail leading to the Potomac River. This lower-level one-bedroom apartment is situated in a newly renovated modern home designed by Robert Gurney, one of Washington, DC’s most famous architects. It is two-levels: It has a queen-sized bed in the bedroom and a modern sofa that folds flat to a double bed in the living room, along with a twin-size day bed. The modern kitchen, bathroom and washer/dryer are on the upper level of the apartment four steps from the living area. The apartment can accommodate up to 5 guests.
Unique amenities include full kitchen with dishwasher, stove and oven; newly renovated striking bath with shower; and stacking washer and dryer. There is a sitting area with sofa and day bed facing a flat screen HDTV and bookshelf with sound system. There is also a dining table for four next to the large windows. There is a table and two chairs in the covered entrance for outdoor dining or relaxing. The on-street parking is just in front of the property and is “un-zoned” and there is no time limit. Located in the safest neighborhood in Washington, DC.
Rate includes everything but the DC Sales and Occupancy Tax when applicable.
* On-street parking space in front of the property (not zoned/no time limit).
* Full kitchen.
* Private entrance.
* Washer/dryer (with laundry soap).
* WIFI and HDTV with Apple TV and partial cable.
C. NEIGHBORHOOD AMENITIES:
* The safest neighborhood in Washington, DC.
* ½ block from the D5/D6 MetroBus stop that will take you to The National Mall and all other interesting sights in the city.
* A variety of restaurants (some really superb!), Starbucks Coffee, banks, Post Office, dry cleaners, UPS Store, market, and pharmacy are located two blocks away.
* 3 blocks to Safeway (large grocery store), CVS (large drug store and pharmacy), superb wine store, superb fish market, churches, excellent restaurants, cafes and markets, more restaurants and Sunday Farmers Market.
* Bordering Battery-Kemble National Park hiking trails and the trail to the Potomac River, C&O Canal and Fletcher's Boathouse.
* 2 blocks to Palisades Park and Recreation with tennis courts, playing field, basketball court, astro-turf field, enclosed children's playground with climbing structures, sand box and swings.
Located on the D5/D6 bus lines (corner MacArthur Blvd NW and Dana Place, NW…1/2 block away) which will take you on a beautiful ride through historic Georgetown, DuPont Circle, Foggy Bottom, The World Bank, The White House, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, Metro Center, Union Station and The Capital Building, i.e. everything that you would want to see! Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the city! For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website. Go to "Trip Planner" to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house.
* Limitless free cultural options. You are a mere 20 minute drive by car to The National Mall with its memorials, monuments, gardens, open spaces and 21 Smithsonian museums. It’s also just a 15 minute drive to the Kennedy Center (free performance every night at 6pm!).
* Approximately 2 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, and the French and German Embassies.